Sunday, September 11, 2016

Feeling Like a Worthless Turd Today

Today is Ironman Wisconsin and for the first time in 5 years I'm not participating in the race and let me tell you, I feel like a worthless turd.  I was signed up for the race but didn't train at all this year.  No excuse, I was just a lazy turd and didn't put the work in.  In the last year, I've gained about 15 pounds and lost pretty much all my ultra-distance fitness.  At this point I doubt my ability to run a 10k let alone and Ironman.  After pretty much taking this whole year off, next year the plan is to not do any full 140.6 Iron distance races.  I'm planning to get back into it by doing 3-4 half Ironman races and then 2 years from now get back into doing Ironman.  Have a long ways to go but I've done it multiple times in the past I can do it again.

No comments: