Sunday, August 09, 2015

Getting Ready to Head to Beaver Island




Here we are on the docks getting ready to head to Beaver Island!  We had a bit of a hiccup this morning before we left but it didn't get in the way of us getting to the Island.  Last night before we went to bed we checked to see what time you needed to be down at the docks with our car.  The way Jen and I understood it was we needed to be there an hour ahead to check our car in, which meant 7:30.  Right around 7:30 I was getting ready to head out the door to take the car over and Jen gets a call on her phone from Charlevoix.  I was afraid it was from the person we were renting our house from but it was Beaver Island boat company asking if we were going to be heading over today.  Turns out that the cars were supposed to be checked in an hour and a half before we leave not an hour.  When I finally got there they gave me a special thing for my car that said it could be bumped off if other showed up but traffic to the island is starting to slow down so it wasn't an issue but still not the way we really wanted to start vacation.

No comments: