Sunday, July 19, 2015

Race Complete


The race is over and it went about how I expected it to go.  I swam pretty good for me, I'm a middle of the pack swimmer now which sure beats being an end of the pack swimmer like I was a couple years ago.  The bike when spectacular, in fact it was a PR for me. Technically I averaged 20.8 MPH but since the bike was 1.5 miles long my average was skewed lower and I missed going sub 2:40 which would have been awesome.  The course was flat, very little wind and I was able to stay tucked in aero for pretty much the whole ride.  I'm quite happy with my ride but I do have to say that great ride came at the expense of the run, the run was my slowest run ever.  Part of it had to do with the fact I didn't have socks for the bike which caused my to develop blisters really early in the run, mile 4.  Also with my hard ride I fought cramps for quite a bit of the run.  I really wanted to go sub 6 hours and really thought I could but it just wasn't in the cards for me today.  For the next 8 weeks leading into Wisconsin I need to spend a whole lot of time working on my run and increasing the toughness of my feet and just get more run fitness.  Overall I'm not unhappy, PR in the swim and the bike and know I need to work the run.

No comments: