Monday, July 06, 2015

Killed My Swim

I have been doing Ironman for about 7 years at this point and only in the last year have I finally been able to swim decent times.  Most of that was due to the fact I just didn't ever commit to the swim and didn't spend that much time in the pool.  As a point, two years ago my total swim mileage for the whole year was 37 miles, which included about 4 miles swam in competition.  Last year my total for the year was over 80 miles and my swimming was vastly improved.  Today was a huge break through day for me.  This year for the first time ever I swam sub 2:00 minute per 100 yard average for a mile.  In all past years the fastest I could ever get was 2:05.  Today I managed to swim under 1:50 per 100 yard average which I thought I would never be able to do.  For the first time ever I have a legitimate chance to swim in the top 50% and cut nearly 25 minutes off my swim time.  Next weekend will be the big test when I do Racine Half Ironman but I'm feeling good entering the race that I could do well.

No comments: