Thursday, November 14, 2013

New Car


For the past couple weeks my Honda had been starting to act up and have some weird engine issues.  In fact one day on the way home it acted a lot like it was just going to die driving down 380 on the way home.  Well I told Jen about this and she started to worry immediately.  The problem we have is since we got rid of the truck we only have 2 cars in the family so if one goes down we are kind of hosed.  If I didn't work so far away from home it might not be such an issue but since I do it is nearly impossible for us to get by with one car.
The next day after I told her that my car wasn't acting right she got on the Dave Wright used car site and found a pretty nice used 2010 Subaru Impreza.  The car only had 19,900 miles on it and they really weren't asking that much for it.  So today she came into town to get some groceries and she picked me up so we could go look at the car.  We went to the dealer, asked for the sales guy that we've bought two other cars from and took it for a test drive.  The car drove nice and didn't have any issues that we could see.  Normally I would do a whole bunch of homework before I go into buy a new car but this time I just kind of shot from the hip.  We started to talk price and not really knowing what the car goes for on Kelley Blue Book I just started dealing blind.  After we went back and forth the to manager a couple times I ended up getting a deal I was happy with for both my beat up Civic and the new car.  I don't know I may have gotten screwed but at this point I feel like I got a good deal so I'm not going to bother looking.
When I drove into work today I didn't intend on driving home in a different car.  Which was pretty obvious considering my trunk was full of crap.  I have to say the Honda was a good little car I had nearly 150,000 miles on it and served me well but between the hail damage, the messed up bumper and engine problems it was time to let it go.  The picture above is me saying goodbye to my old friend.
Here Jen and I are with my new car.  It's the first automatic transmission car I've driven on a daily basis in nearly 10 years but I guess you can't have it all when you get a used car off the lot.  Since it's a Subaru it has all wheel drive which will make it way better for getting to and from work this winter.  Hopefully I can get at least 4-5 years and 150,000 miles out of this car too!

No comments: